Plesse do not look up to me as some sort of role model. You DO NOT want to end up like me. Don’t make the mistakes I made. Do the following instead:
– Don’t drop out of high school.
– Do go to college, or get some sort of vocational work based qualification.
– Don’t abuse alcohol and stay away from drugs.
– Read as many stories as you can, so as not to lose your sense of imagination.
– Don’t be afraid to ask questions – question as much as possible.
– If you’re being bullied, do all you can to get help and talk to someone about it.
– Accept that your parents are flawed just like you are and that sometimes they’ll fuck up.
– Do not get in debt unless you absolutely have to.
– If you’re LGBT, come out /transition as early as possible. If your parents won’t let you, wait until you’re 18 and start your life at college. I wish Leelah Alcorn could’ve received this advice.
– Do not allow people to make you believe that you’re somehow not good enough or smart eoough.
– If you find your soulmate / true love,do ALL YOU CAN to make them feel loved, safe and wanted. Do not get complacent and take that love for granted.
– Be careful who you trust, but be careful not to push the wrong people away.
– Work hard, but remember that a job or career is meant to enhance your life, not make it worse.
– If you suffer from mental illness, please do not be ashamed to ask for help and do not bury your problems or self-medicate.
– To not allow people to walk all over you, abuse your kindnesses or treat you like a human doormat.